Certified B Corporation
We are a Certified B Corporation, and have met rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency. We are committed to operate our business based on our long-standing pledge to support the environment. Read about our B Corp commitment and see B Corp Press Release.
1% for the Planet Member
As a member of 1% for the Planet, we pledge to donate 1% of our annual sales to non-profit organization that benefit the environment. 1% for the Planet is a growing network of brands that believe environmental protection and good corporate citizenship are core business principles and our joint responsibility. Read about our 1% for the Planet commitment and see 1% for the Planet Press Release.
Support for Schools
We offer a discount and advice for schools and have done so since our company's inception. Through our Waste-Free Challenge we donate 20-30% of sales back to schools that help promote waste-free lunch packing and offer our products.
Product Safety and Quality
- We offer high-quality, long-lasting products sustainably designed to minimize waste throughout each product's life cycle. The longer our products last, the fewer resources are used to reach our collective goal: to reduce food-packing waste.
- We offer non-toxic, safe products that are tested by CPSIA-accredited independent labs to ensure that they are free of BPA, phthalates and lead.
- We offer products designed in California and responsibly made in China in facilities that are working toward green practices, supportive of our mission to reduce waste and adhere to our supplier code of conduct.
Our mission is deeply rooted in fostering change in daily habits, and helping spread the word so that our work is heard, shared and has an impact on our planet. Below are a few campaigns where we’ve directly helped change mindsets and reduce a lot of waste.
- Switch the Straw: Americans use enough plastic straws every day to wrap the Earth 2.5 times. Thankfully, there is a strong movement to reduce their impact. We estimate that we’ve kept 74,000,000 plastic straws out of the waste stream, but there’s still a lot of work to do. One reusable straw can have a profound impact. Read more on our Blog. Find images and resources on our Pinterest board.
- Waste-Free Mini: At Natural Products Expo West in California we started a movement that we hope will catch on: We gave away hundreds of reusable stainless steel Mini Containers to attendees and exhibitors to use for drink and snack samples at the show. Instead of using the thousands of plastic tasting cups, people used our reusable stainless steel containers—and loved them. We changed a lot of habits and estimate that we saved 8,000 disposable cups from heading to landfill! Read more on our Blog and Instagram post.